Monday, October 7, 2013

Best FREEBE


Medela Free style pump

This is the pump I am currently using. We pump 4-5 times a day for 15 minutes each session except when I'm trying to increase my milk.

I would NOT recommend the freestyle version. (See below for pump recommendation) While the digital clock is awesome and the hands free is exciting it is a far stretch from the Medela Advance Backpack Style pump below.

I've been breast feeding for 11 months and pumping consistently for 7-8 months (whenever I went back to work). I have replaced the motor 3 times.

I do love the fancy digital clock. The parts are super easy to clean. Much easier to clean that the other options.

I have the Medela Advanced backpack from my first child. I pumped or breast fed every 3 hours for 2 years. I have never replaced anything other than the tubing or the parts. I hate cleaning and sanitizing parts. So I would buy a couple components and wash them to use.



I recommend this one because it pulls harder and seems faster still without insane pain. I've still had days where I've pulled this out of the closet instead of using my new one.

Cambridge Medical Supply will send you a free pump. www.Cambridgemedicalsupply.com. All you have to do is call them.

I paid to upgrade mine. I had to give them my insurance information and sign something and 2 days later it came in the mail.

Best secret for new moms EVER!

I also have a playtex brand cheap ($80) pump that I attempted to use. It's awkward and hurt like someone was cutting me with scissors. Lets just say that's used in the utter most extreme situations. Now that I have the two Medela pumps I don't need it. There are days when I've forgotten the pump bag at work and it's a relief to have a back up at home.

My Pump Schedule:
7:30am breast feed
9:30am pump.
12:30pm pump
3:30pm (usually turns into 4pm) pump
5:30pm breast feed
7:30pm breast feed
9:30 to 10:30pm pump depending on how tired I am and how full.

With my daughter I pumped every three hours regularly because I wasn't eating meat or dairy. She also woke every three hours on the dot. with Jace he sleeps through the night so I haven't gotten up to pump. Although in the beginning I was up every 2-3 hours whether he was or not. To me that's THE ONLY way to get your milk in and keep it up. Now if you're a stay at home mom that's a different story but working moms have to pump.

As they grow it takes more 1-2 pumping sessions for every 1 feeding. So you want to have a large reserve. With my daughter we had an abundance. With Jace I'm waiting up to pump so he will have enough for tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment