Sunday, July 28, 2013

The New PEDs Dr.


I love our newest PEDs doctor. Maybe I am partial to him because he was my doctor when I was a child. He took all my notes and looked over them. He then looked at my child and said this is definitely not Eczema. 

Anyone who understand Eczema knows that steroids make eczema better not worse. Also eczema doesn't spread. By this time the red bumps were spreading down his child and across his neck. His arms were covered from fingers to elbows and his legs were covered from ankle to knees. The problem that was unexplained was that red bumps would suddenly appear and slowly creep across random areas of his body for no explained reason.

We were told to see a Chiropractor Doctor/Allergist. There is this theory in regards to muscle testing that you can decipher if someone is allergic to foods or items within close proximity to the person by how their muscles react.

He gave us an antifungal medicine to combat the effects of all the antibiotics that we had been given. Unfortunately because babies are developing it was quite possible that the interlining of his intestines were damaged. This was the first time that I had felt relief after visiting a doctor. He told me he wanted me to be on an everything free diet. In other words NO dairy (milk, cheese, yogurt, eggs), gluten (wheat, bread, pasta, pastries), soy, nightshades (tomatoes, eggplant, potatoes, peppers), and YEAST. In other words my already limited diet was cut in half. 

The problem: my child's skin dries to the point where it cracks open and bacteria gets inside causing a staph infection. The solution was to keep the skin hydrated. How do you do that when every type of ointment caused the rash to get worse. He suggested that it was quite possible he was allergic to petroleum products.

This theory would make sense why vaseline base products made everything worse. Unfortunately the cream based brands didn't change Jace's condition, but this was an answer different than the blanket answer I kept hearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment