Sunday, November 9, 2014

2nd Birthday

Jace's 2nd Birthday was Thursday, November 6th, but we had a party over the weekend. The party was at Kids Kingdom.


We arrived early which gave the kids a moment to run around before everyone arrived. My husband was a little nervous that no one would show up. Maybe it is living in Las Vegas or the people we know but we have a problem with RSVPs and people actually showing up.

I don't know if other moms experience this but it always seems like the same people always flake. My husband says not to expect anything or don't take it personally, but how can I not when you say you will be there and then just don't show up. Then there are those who don't call and avoid me like they are embarrassed that they cannot come. Do I say nothing and continue to support them and their children? This seems petty but it could ruin relationships. One person I really want to like, but she is the biggest let down of all. She is my husbands friend and for the past three birthdays I have tried to "understand" but she is not a friend if she doesn't show when she says she will.

I suppose the more positive approach would be to focus on the relationships of those people who do make an effort. I was so glad to see a few people and appreciate that they took time out of their weekend to hang out with my small children.




No comments:

Post a Comment