Sunday, August 4, 2013

Baby Chew toys

Dangerous idea for a baby

Dangerous idea for a baby

I am extremely bothered by these silicone beads that are advertised as chew items for small children.

Does this not teach or condone putting small objects into your mouth? I think what bothers me the most is that my friend thinks that buying a knock of version is safe. Michael's Crafts is selling some sort of silicone beads made in China for $4.99. While the signs don't advertise that these are chew toys specifically made for children parents are buying them as such.

At least the CHEWBEADS brand is advertising them as infant friendly stating they are free of a list of harmful ingredients. The beads from Michael's for all we know could be painted with lead paint

This has been really bothering me the last few days. Although I don't condone the behavior of teaching a small child it is okay to put small objects into their mouths I really like the jewelry. It's not for the concept of chew toys but for the healthy concept.

We as moms wear this jewelry around our necks draped down our chest. I'm not saying that all jewelry may or may not cause breast cancer but it is something to think about... most of the cheap jewelry the average woman wears to work or out is made in China more than likely with lead paint... just a thought... that's why I would buy this CHEWBEADS jewelry... although I wouldn't let my child chew on it even if its not toxic.


No comments:

Post a Comment