Sunday, August 18, 2013

Acupuncture

Yellow herbs

Yellow herbs

I took Jace to acupuncture last weekend for the first time. The dr gave us some yellow Chinese Herbs along with some to take orally. At first I was skeptical. He looked like he started to improve then by Wednesday he looked awful.

We went back on Saturday. She did more needles and we are continuing on with these yellow herbs. It's a pill I crush into a powder and then make into a loose paste which turns his skin yellow. It's bizarre. It dries up the dead skin so there are patches of yellow flakes of skin while new fresh skin is visible underneath. This is the first time we have seen his face since he was about 3 months old. I'm nervous about getting too excited but crossing fingers.

Hopefully I can get my insurance to reimburse us for some of the cost. It is not cheap. Lets just hope it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment